5 Health Tips for Surviving Vegas
5 health tips for surviving vegas...
By: Noletta Sayler
Noletta is a certified health and fitness coach and on a mission helping women feel confident with at home workouts and easy to follow nutrition. She comes with 8 years of experience working throughout the long runs at the National Finals Rodeo in Las Vegas, and has learned many tips along the way to help keep her energized and feeling her best. In addition to being busy with her health and fitness coaching business, she wears many other hats, such as being a mother and also working alongside the Platinum Performance team, so she knows a thing or two about nutrition and supplements to make you feel your best.
tip #1: staying hydrated
Why is this #1? We all know Vegas is in the desert which makes it a very dry city that makes you dehydrated easily and not to mention all the other fun that comes in Vegas. I understand how hard it can be to remember to drink your water while being amongst the fun. Water promotes weight loss, increases energy and relieves fatigue. Since your brain is mostly water, drinking it helps you think, focus and concentrate better and be more alert. Flushes out toxins that accumulate in the body, and is important for helping to excrete waste from our body. In addition to that, it helps improve skin complexion and helps with the digestion of solid food while maintaining regularity.
How do we know when we may be getting dehydrated?
- Feeling thirsty Dark yellow and strong-smelling pee
- Feeling dizzy or lightheaded.
- Tiredness Dry mouth, lips and eyes.
- Peeing little, and fewer than 4 times a day.
Now let’s talk about ways to overcome this dehydration issue during all the fun:
- Electrolytes. My favorite is called Hydrate and you can find a link to order it HERE. Find yourself a good travel water bottle. The best is to get one that is 24 ounces or more.
- Set a reminder. Set a reminder on your phone to drink water every couple hours while in Vegas.
- Water sandwich between drinks. Drink a glass of water between each cocktail or beer.
- Buying a pack of water bottles to keep in your hotel room, this way if you don’t want to take your travel water bottle, you don’t go broke buying water.
So conclusion, drink your damn water while you are in Vegas and I promise you may survive!
Tip #2: Get your greens on
I know you are probably rolling your eyes and thinking "how the heck am I going to get my veggies in while I am in Vegas?" It actually is a lot easier than you think and let's be real, we all know the importance of getting our veggies in. Vegetables are a rich source of folate, a B vitamin that helps your body make new red blood cells. Folate is especially important for children's health and may also reduce the risk of cancer and depression. They are also great sources of essential minerals like: copper, magnesium, zinc, phosphorous, and Selenium
Easy ways to get your veggies in while on the go....
- Greens Powder. Almost all greens powders have about 1 serving of veggies per 1 scoop. You can find my favorite greens powder HERE. You can add it to a smoothie or shoot it back with some juice.
- Prepackaged veggies. You can get these at almost any Starbucks (on every corner in Vegas) or grocery store. My favorite is to get the ones that are paired with some hummus or nut butter to make it more interesting.
- Find a juice or smoothie bar (also on every corner in Vegas) and grab yourself a quick veggie filled juice or smoothie to go. I would also then add my greens powder to whatever drink I end up getting. I prefer smoothies because then you have a little more substance to fill you up. Keep this one simple. Just add veggies to whatever meal you end up eating out in Vegas. Breakfast, get a veggie omelet or a side of veggies with you pancakes. Lunch, get veggies on your sandwich or in a wrap or if you get in n out then get a lettuce wrapped burger. Dinner, a side of steamed veggies or whatever veggies are on the menu.
- Bring some freeze-dried veggies with you. Cauliflower and snap peas are my favorites, you can find them HERE and HERE. Ok, now with all that said, don't overthink this veggie scenario. Try your best and it will make a world of a difference.
Tip #3: Get your exercise in
I stress exercise while away on vacation (or work) is vital to feeling your best. I have learned over the years that no matter how tired or hungover you are, moving your body can get your blood pumping and make you feel so much better and can even help your mental stability for the day! Exercise controls weight and can help prevent excess weight gain or help maintain weight loss, helps combats health conditions and diseases, improves mood, boosts energy, promotes better sleep, and puts the spark back into your sex life, exercise can be fun and social! If you are looking for a good workout program or need direction, you can find more information about my program HERE.
tip #4: Get your rest
Tip #5: take your vitamins
- Take a good multi vitamin. I love this company and here is a good one you can find HERE.
- Take zinc and vitamin C.
- Take Vitamin D3. Fun fact, the number one vitamin deficiency in humans is Vitamin D and it is the one that plays a huge roll on EVERYTHING including your immune system. Possibly investigate taking some other immune boosting formulas like elderberry syrup. I also like the Platinum Performance Immune support, which you can find HERE.
- Protein powder. I never leave home without it and it has a ton of vitamins and minerals in it. If you hate all the other ideas above and want to simplify, check out this Superfood Protein Powder HERE.
Follow these tips and you will feel your best during your stay in Las Vegas! Good luck and cheers to good health!
health & fitness coach
Noletta is a certified health and fitness coach and on a mission helping women feel confident with at home workouts and easy to follow nutrition.
If you want to know more about her programs, you can email her at email@example.com or find her on social media HERE.